Monday, March 18, 2013

Orange Happy Flowers




I needed some cheering up after the snow we had Saturday. We're expecting more today. Friday, there were hundreds of Robins out in our lawn pulling out all the fresh supply of worms. The next day they were all gone. And even though the snow melted, they still haven't returned. I guess the 20° temps have something to do with that. WHERE IS SPRING!!!

The design inspiration for this card came from the week two Verve sketch challenge.

So, I made my card today using the newly released Happy Flowers from Fred She Said. These flowers are just SO PRETTY!  I chose the Orange pre-colored flowers to go with some of my new Claire papers from CTMH. 
I also used one of the new FSS Uplifting Sentiments

I punched a piece of Glitter paper from the Brown & Tan collection. Then tied some Sunset Bakers Twine from the Paradise Collection.

I try to keep my hand stitching simple on smaller cards so I tried using the chain stitch on this card using matching embroidery floss. I rather like this stitch and think it frames the card perfectly.

Other challenges for this card:
Just Us Girls - Green, white & orange
One Stop Craft Challenge- Anything Goes

6 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Beautiful card Nancy, those flowers are fab! X

Danni said...

Beautiful card! I agree, the flowers are just fabulous!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card. I love the flowers and beautiful sentiment
Sue xx

ChristineCreations said...

This is SO sweet! What great colours, I've heard that coral is very popular for spring :)

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, lovely punched border!

Lisa Kind said...

Those flowers are so pretty! I love orange! And the pattern paper is just lovely! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls