Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daffodil - Thinking of You Card


I think the Ground Hog was playing games with us. Last Friday, it was 70° here and Sunday night we got about 2" of snow. And, a dusting again last night. So, my cards are bringing Spring to me.

This image is from Fred She Said and is called "Daffodil Cardfront Kit 1". It comes in four different colors. If printed as they are, they will actually make the entire front of an A2 card.  However, I only used a portion of it. It's hard to see in the picture, but the color is actually a shade of purple. The kit has a paper piercing or pricking pattern, which ever way you say it. I put the pattern on the back and pierced each hole so you could feel the texture on the front.


I love to follow sketch challenges, but this large of an image is hard to incorporate into a sketch. However, I did see one on 365 cards that worked perfectly.

Now, if you look closely at the Hand Stitching around the card, you will see that I used TWO matching colors.I first stitched all of the purple, leaving spaces for the green. Then went back and filled in with the green. For extra interest, I overlapped some of the stitches all the way around. Yes, the stitching took me forever, but I really like the outcome of it.

Other Challenge Blogs for this Card:
Aly's - Thinking of You
I Did It! - Anything Goes
My Grafico - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time - Anything but Square
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Use green in a card
Stamp It Crazy - Frfee For All

6 comments:

Becky said...

This is just stunning! Gorgeous colors and gorgeous design. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Unknown said...

Such a pretty image and I am a fan of paper piercing, it frames the flower so nicely. Thanks for joining the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

Jennie said...

Wow this is a mega glam card :)
Thanks so much for joining us at IDIC this week xxx

Marjo said...

Wonderful creation, thanks so much for sharing with as at OSAAT

Hugs, Marjo

Andrea C said...

Very vibrant and lovely card x

Grace said...

OMgoodness this is amazing! Your die cuts and details are so gorgeous!!! So much to feast the eyes upon!!! Wow!