Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cocoa's Stocking - SC309

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I actually can't believe that it's December 1st already. The time is just flying by and I hardly have any Christmas cards made. I think I'm going to have to concentrate on them for the next two weeks.

I was so excited to get this card made today to try out my new camera that Santa brought me early. Don't you just love Black Friday specials!!! I've been wanting a Digital SLR camera for years now. And of course I have to learn how to use all the bells and whistles before Christmas, right!!! My old camera was only 6 years old but very obsolete. It only had 3.1 MP and hasn’t been taking very good pictures of my cards lately. My new baby has 18 MP. Woo Hoo!!! Anyway, enough about my camera. Onto my card.

I played along with the Splitcoast Stampers Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

The Digi Image I used is called Cocoa’s Stocking. This is a new release today from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps. You may want to head on over and check out all the new digi releases for this month. I printed him out and colored him with Copic Markers.

I punched out several pine sprigs in white, glittered them, and used them as embellishments to finish off the focal point.

I used some Basic Grey paper for the base and then used my cuttlebug embossing folders for the next two layers. I thought the brick wall looked cute behind Cocoa.
I also used my new Labels 15 Nesties

I added liquid appliqué and glitter to the top of the stocking and yellow glitter to the star.

The hand stitching was done with red Embroidery Floss.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
Digital Tuesday - Animals at Christmas
A Crafty Little Place - Anything Goes
Cards For Men - Christmas

7 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

How cute! I love how you did the stocking and the embossed background. Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so sweet Nancy, love all the fun textures!

karen said...

I actually said ahhhh out loud when I saw this, so cute, fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at DTC this week, Karen

Mandy said...

Such a sweet image....Love your layout and the papers are beautiful...Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men,hope you will join us next time....
Mandy xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable Christmas card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Crafty Little Place this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Patricia St Martin said...

I really enjoyed your cards. Your image is sooo cute, just love the little guy. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge. Happy Crafting.
Hugs, Patricia

Carol Gomes said...

I absolutely love your cards, but I have to tell you, I cant read any of the writing :( The color of the font is almost transparent. any change you could darken it so I can come back and read what you are writing too?