Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sweet Pumpkins

Well folks, as much as I hate to say this, Fall is right around the corner. Don't get me wrong, I love fall, as well as Spring and Summer. I'm just not that thrilled about COLD weather and that's what happens after Fall.
Anyway, I had a card making class last night and I teach new techniques. Last night was primarily on what to do with outline stamps other then coloring them. This card was all about paper piecing. I thought they wouldn't like cutting out the tiny eyes and mouth but they did a great job.

The inspiration for this card came from a sketech at "I {heart} 2 Stamp". In my head, this sketch was perfect for a pumpkin. Howebver, the more I got into the design, the one pumpkin just didn't work for me. So, I added two more. As with all the cards I design, I have to just keep adding things until I like it.

The Pumpkins are from a newly released clear stamp set called Sweet Pumpkins from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. They were stamped on Orange CS then distress sponged to tone down the orange and give them some dimension.

1 comment:

Tricia T said...

What a wonderful card, Nancy! I love your pumpkins and the layout. Beautiful!!