Saturday, August 14, 2010

Miracle - SSS69


Good Morning and welcome to another fantastic Sketch challenge over at The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog.

This is another card that I made last week for a class I taught. Thank goodness for that class or I wouldn't have this card to post today. Time has a way of slipping away from me lately. But anyway, if you want to be inspired by a great sketch, why not play along with us this week at The Sweet Stop.

Here again, I wanted to teach my class how to color images without actually coloring them in with markers. My medium of choice is Copic Markers, however, not everyone owns them because they are rather pricey, so I teach other means of coloring.

 For this card I used a method where I used a wadded up make-up puff. I saturated it with alcohol, then added a drop of blush and sweetleaf re-inker. You then just pounce this all over glossy cardstock until you have the color you want. I heat set it to let it dry completely, then stamped the butterflies and embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then cut them out and mount them with foam take for dimension and that's all there is to it.

2 comments:

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Nancy, this is absolutely beautiful and your colors are beyond lovely. Fabulous card.

Sandy said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card! The colors are so soft and the butterflies so elegant!