Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Garden Corner - Penny Black


Well, I finally did it!  I was wanting to use some of my Penny Black stamps for months now and haven't been able to work them in. However, the Penny Black Saturday Challenge Blog had a sketch this week and I decided to play along. A funny thing happened on the way to a finished card. I colored the wrong image. I had the entire card put together, pictures taken of it and was ready to put it on myt blog when I realized that the image I used wasn't a Penny Black image. I haven't been myself lately but this really stinks. Thank goodness for Un-du, and that the image sizes were similar.  Guess I'll just have to find another sketch challenge that the other image works for.

The image is called Garden Corner. I colore it with Copic Markers. I colored the birdhouse twice and cut one out and mounted it with foam tape for more dimension. I made some faux Flower Soft in the matching amethyst color and added it to some of the flowers in the watering can.
The Buttons, ribbon and papers are from Close to my Heart.

The Hand Stitching was done with matching Embroidery Floss.

Other Blog Challenges this card was made for:
Crazy 4 Challenges - color challenge - My colors are Blush, Amethyst and Sweetleaf.
All Sorts - Lace and Buttons
Our Creative Corner - Spruce up those corners
Caardvarks - Wet or Dry Embossing - I used both

3 comments:

Fleur said...

A lovely card, really pretty colours
Thanks for taking part in my challenge over at ALLSORTS this week
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kim said...

Oh my, what a beautiful creation!! Love it!

Mummylade said...

it's a gorgeous card, really soft and lovely colours. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week, good luck!