Thursday, May 6, 2010

Poppies - Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #52

Good Morning and Happy Thursday!!!


Today is Digi Day for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps over at SNR and Paper Craft Planet. The theme for this week is "Let's Get Lacey." So, if you like challenges and want to pick up a FREE Digi Stamp then head on over to one of these places and play along before midnight tonight. You will also get a coupon for 25% off of anything in their store if you play along before Midnight Wednesday May 12th.

The inspiration for my card today came from Midnight Madness Sketch Challeng #52. Priscilla gives you a choice of two sketches and of course I used the more elaborate one. When I finished my card, I could have kicked myself because I covered up all the gorgeous paper from K & Co.

The Digi Image I used is called "Poppies", from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
I printed my first image three times so I could cut and layer the flowers for a 3D affect. I then made the image smaller and printed it again with a mirror image. This was cut out and mounted with foam tape for more dimension. This is the two smaller poppies towards the bottom. I just eanted to give it a fuller look and by printing a mirrow image, it ballances out the focal point.  They were all colored with Copic Markers.

The tag was dry embossed and is not removable. It's just there to be decorative.
I followed the theme of lace for todays digi challenge by using a Martha Stewart border punch and also some lace ribbon from Close to my Heart. I think the corners I added also add a lacy feel.

The Hand Stitching around the card was done with matching Embtoidery Floss.

Other Challenges for this Card:
Creative Belli Blog - Birthday
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge 49 -Wedding/Birthday
Delightful Sketches - Punches

11 comments:

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Nancy, how terrific! Love the poppies image, it's so well colored. And the tab is so pretty! Thanks for joining our sketch this week and hope to see more! please do join our Tue party for some 'shaking'..(_|_)(_\_)(_|_)(_/_) Lol! Please do join us xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

GORGEOUS..GORGEOUS..GORGEOUS.. One of my faves this week. I have so much to say, I don't know where to start. Your colors are fabulous and I love the textures..YOu really did a wonderful job following the fancy sketch..Bravo {{{clap clap clap}}} Ok, here is a heads up and a personal invitation to our PARTY :)
Where: MMSC53 Post
When: Next Tuesday May 11th
Theme: Dance Party
We are celebrating next week with a Dance Party? Do you have the moves? Better get that Party dress out of the Dry Cleaners and dust off those dancing shoes. Party will last all week and we will have a Dance contest, door prizes, best dress etc. Don’t miss out on all the fun and be sure to loosen up those hips. Oh and it’s BYOB (Bring your own bootie) lol {{Shake}}(_|_)(_\_)(_|_){{shake}}(_/_)(_|_)(_\_)(_|_)(_/_){{skake}}your bootie.
Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

joy said...

Love the way your poppies are popped up. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Nancy - this is a favourite with me as well - you have rocked the MMSC with those gorgeous poppies!! Beautiful! I love the colours and the depth of colour you have used here - it is so effective - I could just pick those and bring them inside!! We are so glad you could join us for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blogaversary Celebrations! There is so much happening this month - we would love to see you next week - we are having a DANCE PARTY so get out your dancing shoes and get ready to 'kick up your heels' and shake your 'bootie'...
(_|_)(_\_)(_|_)(_/_)(_|_)(_\_)(_|_)(_/_)
LOL! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

This is just beautiful, I love the layers on the flowers and the colours. Great card. Thanks for playing with DS.

Rosalien

Eiglas said...

Super card Hunni!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Farm Girl said...

Just Beautiful! Thanks for playing at Delightful Sketches

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh Nancy this is fabulous. What a beautifully colored poppy image. Love this!!!! Your details are astounding and simply wonderful. What a great tribute for our Anniversary. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness this week. You don't want to miss all the month long Blogaversary celebration!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card! Your image is colored beautifully and the lace is the perfect accent for the vintage feel of this project!!

Thanks for participating in this week's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and hope to see you again at the MMSC dance party next week!
Jessica, MMSC DT

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Lisa Foster said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL, Nancy! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!
Hugs,
Lisa