Thursday, March 4, 2010

Signs of Spring - SC270

My card today was inspired by the sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers and the color challenge of Pink and Yellow at the Sweet 'n Sassy SNR group. I used the FREE Birdhouse Digi Stamp being given away if you play along with the challenge before 10:00 PM est. tonight. So, go make a pink and yellow card, using any stamp or image you have at home and play along.
The watering can is also a SNSS digi stamp. The butterfly used to be also but I'm not sure if it's still available.

The images were all printed out and colored with Copic Markers.
The birdhouse was stamped and colored twice and the birds three times. They were then cut out and layered with foam tape for more dimension.

The watering can and butterfly are also popped.

The papers are from Close to my Heart but the DP is retired.

The Hand stitching was done with matching Embroidery Floss.

I sort of had an accident with this card. I have had a bad headache off and on for almost a week now and I thought the color challenge was pink & green. And, because I didn't want to go back into my computer to double check, I just made it. Then this morning, I discovered that it should be pink and yellow. Luckily, not all parts were put together yet, so I just incorporated the yellow into it. I honestly think adding the yellow made the card so much better. I guess accidents happen for a reason.
It looks much better in person.

6 comments:

Merry said...

The yellow really makes the card pop. Another terrific card Nancy....love all the images.

Unknown said...

Hey Nancy, what beautiful cards you make!!! pop me an email, you won a WMS stampset over on my blog!!!! Congratulations!! claire.brennan1@ntlworld.com

Danni said...

I love this!!So happy and just cheerful! Wonderful job!

ljurecek said...

Really stunning, Nancy! I'm always envious of crafters who can make such perfect cuts. Lots of gorgeous details on this card and I can't imagine it looking any better!

Stampin Lucy said...

So very beautiful =}

Sandy said...

This is an amazing card! The colors are gorgeous, the stitching is beautiful and then you used the different digis to give it such a warmth and peaceful look! I LOVE it!