Sunday, December 20, 2009

SNSS - Snowman & Trees - SC259(2)



Only 5 days left until Christmas and here I am still playing with sketch challenges instead of finishing my Christmas cards. Yes, this could be one of my Christmas Cards, but my kids are the only ones that get stitched cards. The others go in my etsy shop.

I just may have to join the SCS Monthly Christmas Card challenge for next year since these are my favorite cards to make, but I never seem to get my own finished in time. Actually, every year I send some out that say, "Happy New Year", instead of Merry Christmas. Those are the ones that I get finished right AFTER Christmas. It's my stress free way of sending cards.

I started this card along with the one below for the SCS Sketch challenge #259 this week. I just turned the one 90°.
Unfortunately, the stickles I used on the holly and the lights, and the gold edged ribbon,  just don't show up very well in the picture. It really is pretty in person. I even lightened it with my photo editing program, but when I add it here, it still looks too dark.
I used the "You Light Up My Life" for the snowman, "Christmas Owl Add-ons" for the holly, and "Trees of the Field" for the trees,  from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. 

The paper is from Basic Grey "Wassil" collection. I just love the colors in this paper. They are my favorites.
The Cardstock and the ink for the trees is New England Ivy from Close to my Heart.
The image is colored with Copic markers and the pearls are colored with Copic Markers to match.

The snow under the snowman is Liquid applique topped with the glass glitter and the snow that is falling is liquid applique applied with a stipple brush.

The stitching is done by hand using matching embroidery floss.

3 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hello my friend! I sure hope you had a wonderful Christmas. How fun it must be with grandchildren!

I'm sorry I haven't been by to visit your blog in so long. I'm really struggling to keep up with my blog surfing, so please don't feel left out!

I love your card here... it really looks like sparkly snow to me. Now on to see what else I've missed!

Hugs,
Lisa

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!! Love your snowy scene, layout and the papers you used!!
~Chris

Sandy said...

This is so very pretty. I love the scene you created with the snowman and trees! This is a really a fabulous card!!!