Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sweet Stop Card Sketch 19


Yesterday was the new mini release of two fantastic stamp sets over at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. This card is from this weeks Sweet Stop Sketch 19, but also uses one of the new stamp sets called"Waddle I Do" with Stanley Penguin.

If you scroll down to the next post, you will see another card using the other stamp set called "You Light Up My Life".

The paper used for this card is from the Jingle Creative Basics Paper Pack from Close to my Heart. As a matter of fact, the card below used the same paper pack but the flip side of the paper with the circles with snowflakes. Such fun and versatile papers.

Stanley was stamped three times, colored in using Copic Markers, cut out and layered for a 3D affect. There is a pile of snow he's standing in made using Liquid applique that was heated to puff it. Glitter was added to the dry embossed snowflake background as well as the snow pile. The glitter and all the dimension on this card is hard to see on this picture. I should have taken the picture at an angle.
The half pearls & crocheted ribbon used are also from CTMH.

The stitching all around the card was done by hand with embroidery floss.

5 comments:

Merry said...

Love this guy he is too cute....what a terrific card.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGoodness, Nancy, this is amazing! I LOVE the embossed and distressed background "mat" and the pearl accents at the corners, not to mention your spectacular stitching and coloring! You go girl!

P.S. I put an order in for CTMH last night. Did you get the email confirmation?

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet!! I love your stitching, colors, embossing and use of the layout!! What an awesome background for that cute penguin!!

Ceal said...

so sweet! I just adore your hand stitching. Great card Nancy!

Sandy said...

This card is just so cute and adorable! It just grabs me when I look at all the detail you have! Really pretty and amazing card!!!